Sunday 29 May 2016

Kiki stamp tag by Gemma



Hello Everyone

For my post today, I have created a very grungy tag with the fabulous Kiki stamp designed by Neil Walker. 


I ripped up some book paper, glassine paper and tin foil that I had run through an embossing folder, and glued them onto a plain manilla tag.


I then dragged some gesso over the top, leaving some patches bare. While the gesso was still wet I pressed some Finnabiar art ingredients texture powder into it.


I then mixed some espresso coloured acrylic paint with some Decoart tinting base, applying it over the tag using a palette knife. After running the heat gun over the top I stamped in places with calligraphy mat 11 using archival ink. I added some more espresso coloured paint and some texture powder, to the paint I had previously mixed. I added enough power to form a thick paste, which I spread through the new random dots mask.


Onto tissue paper I stamped Kiki and a few cogs from the Tick Tock stamp plate, once the ink was dry I went around each image with a water brush before tearing them out.


I glued these into place on the tag with gel medium, both underneath the tissue paper and on top to seal them.



I went around the tag with more espresso brown paint, and stamped some cogs over the top with ground espresso Distress Ink. To finish I stuck down some torn bits of washi tape and scribbled in places with a white paint pen.




Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)

No comments: