Tuesday 16 February 2016

Blue Heart canvas by Gemma


 Hello Everyone

I am not much of a mushy valentines day person, but I do love creating pieces of er............well anything with hearts on it really, Well hearts and circles. I managed to get both of those on this canvas.

The canvas measures 16 x 20 inches, and I started by spraying some Blues, greens and purple sprays. I used a mixture of different sprays from my stash including dylusions ink sprays. Then as I often do, I completely changed my mind on how I wanted to create this canvas, and started adding gesso, crackle paste, texture paste and gel medium with beads. 


I spread a fairly thick layers of crackle paste in a few different areas. Then I placed the large dot mask over the top, and pressed it down into the paste.


 I also spread texture paste through the petal mask, after that I added circles with the beaded gel and the large dot mask. I wanted them to be dangling from the top so using I spatula I carried the beaded gel to the top in lines. This feels so strange now its dry, its a bit bubbly and scratchy all at the same time. I had areas of texture paste scrapped onto the canvas that felt quite plane so I stamped into it with the dots background.




Once all of that was dry I went back to spraying, letting the different colours run down the canvas and blend together, focusing the green spray along the top and bottom. I also added white dylusions paint to the raised areas of texture and crackle paste.




 I cut out three different sized hearts covered them in texture paste and pressed the petal background stamp into them. I then painted some grey ink onto the hearts and on to the dangles from the top.





  I went over the dangles and around the hearts with a black stabilo pencil, which I blended in with a water brush. Then to finish with the same pencil I added the word inspiration from the words mask and drew stems/lines from the hearts to the bottom of the canvas.

I am loving at the entries for this months challenge, there's still plenty of time to enter and be in with a chance of winning some great stamps.

Thanks for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

STUNNINGLY LOVELY... wow. j.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Absolutely gorgeous canvas Gemma