Saturday 29 August 2015

Kiki Card by Gemma

Hi All

I don't tend to make many cards these days, but every so often the mood takes me and I try to run with it, and I really enjoyed it.


Sitting on the table was a sheet of white card stock that I had used to mop up some green ink for a different project and the Kiki stamp by Neil Walker. I was itching to use this stamp its such a beautiful one, but its one of those stamps, I find a bit intimidating as I want to do it justice and always feel I will go wrong. So I kept it simple and stamped Kiki out using Archival ink and ripped around the edges, wetting the paper first where I wanted it to rip.


For the background paper, I spread distress ink over my glass mat added water and pressed my paper into it, drying between each press until I was happy. After that I stamped over the top with old paper Distress ink and the Lace background stamp (which is very pale and unfortunately didn't show in any of the picture I took). on top of that I stamped Calligraphy Mat 11 repeatedly to cover the whole sheet.


I then stamped Large Random Dots in places using hickory smoke Distress Ink, and went around the edges using black soot. As the inks were still wet on the paper the black soot bled and moved further into the paper than planned but I think it worked. 


Then I mounted the background paper onto an 8x8 card blank, and glued Kiki in place with just a little glue so all the edges still came up, as I wanted to add the ripped pieces of paper around her. The piece around her are all scraps, of book pages, corrugated card painted grey and glassine paper. Once the scraps were in place I completely glued Kiki down. To finished I added a few black gems and a flower made from Petaloo DIY layers, a button and a little ribbon from my stash.

Thanks for reading
Gem (inkykitty)


4 comments:

Notations of a Crafter said...

Gorgeous card Gemma

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Love this Gemma the background is fabulous as is Kiki. x