Saturday 12 May 2012

Beside the Seaside by Sioux Jenneys

Hello everyone! It's a tag from me today :)





1. Using stamps from the new Beside the Seaside plate stamp one of the fish in Archival black and three of the shells in Archival coffee and sepia onto watercolour paper and cut out.

2. Colour the fish with the fabby new Distress markers (I used spiced marigold, chipped sapphire and  fired brick)

3. Colour over the shells in Distress Ink scattered straw using a cut and dry nib.

4. I inked the base tag using Distress Inks in scattered straw, weathered wood, faded jeans and bundled sage then did the spritz and flick effect that works so well with watery themes ;)

5. I then used the large and small wavy stamps from the Borders A5 and A6 plates to create a bit of seaweed using Distress Ink bundled sage and some air bubbles using the one of the smaller borders from the A6 plate in Archival  aquamarine

6. Stamp the sentiment from the Beside the Seaside plate in Archival black and attach the fish and shells before adding some pearls and some ribbon.




Beside the sea is a wonderful place to be :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

11 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...wow you'd swear that fish was real! amazing colours it looks so pretty...a super looking Tag...Mel :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

A beautiful tag and I love the background hugs trace x

Helen said...

Beautiful tag, love that fish!! I shall be beside the sea as it happens today as my borther and I are doing some more decorating at my mum's place (still loads to do) but there won't be time to see the sea!!

Gabrielle said...

Love the tag! The background is fabulous and the fish and shells look stunning. I do feel very summery now!

Joanne said...

Especially when that seaside happens to be in glorious Devon! Your tag is not only lovely but clever too. Love it.
Hugs Joanne xx

craftytrog said...

Fantastic tag Sioux! Love the pearly border!
Just perfect to get me in the mood for my trip to Portugal ;o) xox

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fantastic tag Sioux - the background is gorgeous. And I love what you've done with the fish - gorgeous colours.

Sid said...

Lovely tag !!

Neil said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Terrific tag, I love the fish.

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous tag and I love the colours you've chosen for the fish...really lovely!
Emma xxx