Sunday 18 December 2011

Merry Christmas by Emma

Hi everyone!

Can you believe that it's only a week to go until Christmas?? Where did this year go and where has this month gone? It's already time for me to show you my second project of the month using one of the fab FREE stamps that you get if you place an order at The Artistic Stamper during December.

So, here's what I created ~ a Shadow Box Christmas card featuring another of the adorable images of Mabel Lucie Atwell ~ I hope you like it.
...and here's how I made it ~ I've included lots of close up photos to show you all the detail!

To begin with I stamped the Mabel Lucie Attwell ~ Ah! There You Are (large) image onto a small piece of white card, coloured it in and then cut around the outline of the image.
Next, I made my own shadow box from white cardstock and blended Weathered Wood and Antique Linen Distress Ink over the frame of the box to give some colour.

To create the moonlit background of my shadow box card, I used a piece of 10cm square white card and blended some Tumbled Glass DI over it, masking off a small circle where I want the moon to be. i then removed the 'moon mask' and blended some Antique Linen DI over the area where the mask was. Ink up the snowflakes stamp and stamp the flakes over the background. You can just about see the snowflakes in the photo, but they are much clearer in the flesh.
I then cut a piece of acetate, embossed it using the Tim Holtz Snowflake Flurries Texture Fade and placed it over the stamped snowflake background, adhering it in place, inside the frame. 
Next, using Tim Holtz's Decorative Strip die, I die cut the Festive Greenery from various colours of Ranger Distress Core'dinations paper stack, sandpapered each piece and then arranged and stuck them to the base of my shadow card, together with the stamped and coloured Mabel Lucie Attwell image, which now stands in the foreground of the card, to give a three dimensional look.

I then die cut some snowflakes from white textured card, using the Movers and Shapers Mini Snowflakes die, arranged these around the edge of the frame and stuck them into place. I next used some black Archival ink to ink up the "Merry Christmas" wording from the Tim Holtz Winter Sketchbook stamp set and stamped this onto cream card, mounted it on a piece of Core'dinations from the paper stack and then stuck it to the top of my shadow box card. As the final touch, I squidged some Rock Candy Distress Stickles over all the Festive Greenery die cut pieces.
So, that's about it for this creation and I won't be posting again this side of Christmas...so, I'd just like to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and thank you for all your comments since I joined The Artistic Stamper Creative Team. It's been lovely reading each and every one of them and I really do appreciate them all.

Bye for now and happy creating. 
Emma x

8 comments:

Minxy said...

Awww this is super cute, love the snowflake backdrop x

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous card, love it! Those images are so sweet and the whole design is great!

craftytrog said...

Absolutely stunning Emma! I love the snowy background, & the festive greenery contrasts beautifully! xx

Von said...

Love all the little details :)
Von x

Sid said...

Beautiful shadow box !!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Jo x

Kirsten Alicia said...

That is so lovely.

Artyjen said...

Love the box card....the addition of the acetate really makes it....so sweet :)
xoxo Sioux