Monday 5 December 2011

CREATIVE FLIGHT FRAME

Hi all Kat here,
I have my first project of the month
ready to share with you,
using the fabulous FREE STAMP SETS
Icicles Border & Snowflakes
all you have to do is place an order in December
& one will be sent out to you, how fab is that!

so here's what I have created with mine,


I have had the frame (a boot sale find)
for a couple of years & never used it,
I came across it in a frantic search for Christmas stash
& thought today's the day (lol)
It was already gold leafed so, a perfect base
as I wanted my finished piece to be,
gold, brown, silver & cream.

Here are some close ups of each section,
I will talk through what I did as we go,


I started by cutting a piece of white card to
fit the aperture, then blended
then I stamped the FREE Snowflakes stamp
 with Versamark ink & heat embossed
it with clear powder.
over then wiped off the excess to reveal lovely crisp snowflakes
I cut the reindeer from the  Raindeer flight die
out of grunge board & coloured him with
Brushed Corduroy DI then added 3 little bells
& some raffia around his neck.
I glued Scrabble tiles to spell the word Xmas,
& glued a snowflake cut from gold card &
a metal star tree embellishment I had in my stash,


for this section I cut the card to fit the aperture
then blended Antique linen Distress Ink all over,
very lightly with the Antique Linen DI
I then blended Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink all over
I cut 2 snowflakes from gold card &
& then cut them in half & glued them as shown
above, I added a star embellishment from my
stash to finish.


For both these sections I used one piece of card
to fit both apertures & again coloured with
& this time I stamped the Stipple Background Stamp
very lightly with the Antique Linen DI
all over, again I used the
but this time I made an embellishment
& added a gem to the centre,
& for the other section I added a metal tree.


This last section is made in exactly the same
way as the  first one, but using the
free Icicles Boarder stamp,
& a padded star embellishment.


I used an Ornate Book Plate 
to finish off & added the numbers cut from
the vintage market strip die.

WOW didn't I go on, that was a bit long winded,
Sorry about that (lol)
hope you like my creation,

See you on the 15th with my next project.
Kat x.


10 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That is simply beautiful! Love the traditional colours and think it's extremely elegant!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation.

Jackie x

Neil said...

What a lovely Christmas picture. Lots of beautiful details; thanks for the ideas.

Sid said...

Lovely decorated frame, looks fab !

Ann B said...

Classy and elegant - love it.

Artyjen said...

Seasonally gorgeous :)
xoxo Sioux

Daniele said...

such a pretty frame, love the subtle colours

craftytrog said...

Simply stunning! xx

Emma Williams said...

Absolutely gorgeous and so Christmassy! Lovely piece of artwork.
Emma xx

Minxy said...

Stunning project, and great inspiration, i have the very same frame sat in the corner for a year or so lol

Marjie Kemper said...

This is just gorgeous! Love all the details. The reindeer are the perfect fit for this project and I love the way they're poking out a bit.